A specialist German clinic is proof that high quality treatment and luxury accommodation is an attraction to international patients; and that high-end medical tourism is a thriving alternative market for countries not prepared to enter the medical tourism price war of offering lowest prices to attract custom.
orthopedic hospital is a successful provider of orthopedic surgery and treatment:
• More than 24,000 orthopedic patients are treated a year.
• More than 2,400 surgical procedures are performed a year.
• More than 250 international patients a year
• More than 50 healthcare professionals: orthopedic specialists, specialists for rehabilitation, physiotherapists and nurses.
• 9 hospital beds for in house treatment.
Patients benefit from the luxurious environment of a private clinic, with facilities and services adapted to the needs of international patients. Comfortable private rooms include an en-suite bathroom, minibar, safe, flat screen TV, DVD player and WLAN internet access. The hospital has international ISO 9001 quality accreditation.
Germany takes a leading role in terms of medical education, medical standards and hospital quality management. German medical research and innovative technology are of the highest standard. Compromises in quality and safety are not compatible with the German culture and work ethic. Due to a long and broad education, German orthopedic surgeons are extremely well trained in the fields of conservative and osteopathic treatment. They have a deep understanding of the bio-mechanics of joints, prosthesis and mobility, with a thorough understanding of nonsurgical ostheopathic and physiotherapeutic therapy. This training gives German orthopedic surgeons the ability to preserve as much of patients natural bones and tissues as possible. The underlying cause of pain and immobility is treated with the smallest possible intervention. Minimally invasive surgical techniques, partial prosthesis and inlays are commonly used instead of total knee and hip replacements and are performed with precision. This preserves mobility and a quick recovery after surgery.
The Gelenk Klinik is in Freiburg, where Germany, France and Switzerland meet. Freiburg is home to Freiburg University, one of the most important centres of medical training in Germany, and is easily accessible from Zurich, Basel and Frankfurt airports.
The Hospital’s support for international patients includes:
• All doctors and staff members speak English.
• Language support for Russian, French, Arabic, Romanian.
• Support for visa application process for non-EU citizens.
• Airport shuttle service with a private limousine.
• Support with travel arrangements.
• Support with organizing postsurgical rehabilitation in the clinic, a specialised provider in Germany or back home.
• A dedicated case manager.